Friday, January 20, 2006

And so...

Yes, I did get placed today... Starcom wants me back. So yay, I can:
  • Say I have a job
  • Wear jeans tomorrow
  • Go out to eat
  • And sleep in peace

It was inevitable. I had to face the battle of professional satisfaction vs money. And for me today, the former prevailed. And strangely it feels perfectly fine that I'm starting off with possibly one of the lowest packages on campus. :-) - I have evolved. Or rather I haven't changed at all. B-School education has not made me a money-chasing bi**h that a certain someone predicted I would become. (It ended up in a rather sad parting of ways between us.) I'm still the same old me, with more focus and a tad more maturity.

To all those who're still to be placed, hang in there - you'll get what you want. Even if you don't, make sure you use whatever you get tomorrow to take you to what you ultimately want.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet, that I'm at the end of college education & I'll be responsible for real-life decisions, involving clients' money soon. Nope... it hasn't sunk in yet.

More tomorrow... am damn sleepy now.

3 Comments:

Blogger ash_rose said...

hey deepa,

congrats! starcom is a gr8 place to work with - can say that with confidence, having had a stint with leo burnett...awesome work place with gym et al - if nothing else! n-soi!

January 23, 2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger Ravi said...

Many Congrats !!

January 23, 2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger Chandoo said...

hey ..
congratulations... :)

February 08, 2006 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home