Sunday, January 01, 2006

Cured of The 18 Month Itch

Years ago when I wrote a diary, I’d make a list of 10 resolutions. Some would be carefully thought out, some would be there just to look cool and the last couple would be to round it off to 10.

I’m 22 now... and making resolutions isn’t all that exciting anymore. Maybe because a year is too long to plan for in the life of an individual. It is so much easier to split life into bite-sized bits... of a month or three months. There are lots of things that I want to do, but putting them down on paper kind of kills the spirit. The list then lurks around like a scary monster.

The past week has been one of the laziest vacations of my life. It involves the intricate mix of eating home food, eating out, watching movies, reading newspapers & do arbit stuff online. Saw some very crappy movies. Neal & Nikki was by far the ugliest movie of the year. Totally not worth the 40 rupees spent on it (that’s the cheapest price I’ve paid for a movie ticket in Bombay). Never seen such horrible kissing chemistry between two people. Shikhar was awful too... especially the cloud & trees song and Shahid Kapoor’s attempt at acting. And the whole bad-guys-dress-in-colorful-clothes & good-guys-dress-in-white concept. So corny.

Went to Matunga yesterday. I couldn’t stand the South Indian market before. Yesterday, I felt at home there. Just like I did at Hyderabad, even though the two places are vastly different.

Also went to Nariman Point – had lunch at this lovely pizzeria called Not Just Jazz by the Bay. I love South Bombay!

I guess the only place I don’t like now is Ahmedabad. Reached the point where I don’t want to go back to college anymore. Weird, because halfway through every other vacation in the past two years, I was itching to go back. Wish I could just get done with placement week and come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home