Monday, March 27, 2006

An Ode to the Primal Instincts*

* For mature audiences
A creamy bowl of sweet corn soup
Sends my heart aflutter...
Sensual pleasures grip me with
A whiff of mushrooms sauteed in butter.

Hot Fries coated with fiesty red sauce
Crook at me, their irresistible fingers
A bite of those with a gulp of iced coffee
Is a taste that truly lingers.

Hunks of cheese in a crunchy salad
Blinds me with pure lust
Who cares about that extra pound
When offered a topping-loaded pizza with taut crust.

The tender touch of tempered gravy
Plays violins on my tongue
So does garlic, salsa and a dash of lime
Mixed with curd that's been well hung.

Desserts bring on the multiple orgasms
Cheesecake frenzy and chocolates with rum
Sizzling brownies and strawberry mousse
Makes my heart go mmmmmmmm.

Is hunger the more basic instinct?
Is taste more sensuous than touch?
I sit on the metaphorical fence and dream
Of lingering kisses and tomorrow's lunch.

7 Comments:

Blogger A said...

LOL!!!! was niceeee!!!!

you're bored and you're hungry:) and you're reminding me of all the kinds of food I've ever loved!!!

It is still cheese over chocolate, white sauce over tomato, and in entirety, food over sex :D

Very little can possibly happen to change any of the above :D

March 27, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger A said...

Even after all the metpahors, I can still think only purely about food.. sniffle and bah!! I disappoint even myself!!

March 27, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Mycotoxin said...

surprisingly enough - and in spite of this being a piece of seriously foodophilic erotica, all I could still think about is, sorry, still sex.
damn. I shouldn't have read this now. I have that glassy look on my face again.

March 29, 2006 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Desserts bring on the multiple orgasms

This gives a different meaning to the diner scene from When Harry Met Sally.

March 30, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

A: Yes, I don't think anything/one can do as much for you a grub can... It could give rise to interesting fetishes.

Mycotoxin: Had I mentioned a leg of lamb or a tender chicken you might'v been distracted, yes?

A (the anonymous one): I love that scene! I'll have what she's having... so long as it isn't Billy Crystal.

March 31, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Varun Cheemra said...

Why is it that I invariably find myself reading something about food on other peoples blogs where my presence is unsolicited?

A great post. Bon Apetit

April 26, 2006 12:53 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

Varun: Thank you. And you're welcome... This is an all-night diner :D

April 27, 2006 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home