Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Hard Night's Day...

New thing I did today: Woke up at 3:05 pm - absolutely guiltless and comfortably delirious. Sleep is a very beautiful thing, especially when you know that no history-altering event depends on the state of your conciousness. I used to wonder how people who slept so much could do it with no guilt. Today I learnt how.

9 am: Someone yells for breakfast
Me: Urgmm... go ahead. (Crashes back into pillow)

Somewhere between 9 am and lunch: Didi, kamra saaf karna hai.
Me: Grphgmm.... baad mein, Hansmukh bhai.

Lunch time, anh Shee: Dee, wanna wake up for lunch??
Me: (Untelligible sound 3)

As the sun begins to crossover to the western hemisphere, it positions itself outside my window. And then the process of waking up begins. Eyes still closed, my fingers search for the power button of laptop. As it beeps out of its hibernation, so do I - with a goofy smile of contentment.

****************

Finished with thesis couple of days ago, and with it, finished the last big academic pursuit at MICA. I cannot remember the last occasion, when I spent so much time staring at a word doc. A total editing time of 3033 minutes says the statistics counter of the 61 page document. The experience was quite mixed. Emotions ranged from disgust, to excitement, to nostalgia, to hunger, to boredom, to relief - when I finally printed it out.

It was good fun working on it. Digital media is absolutely fascinating - as is most media.

Also fun were the late night dinners at Chota and the early morning walks with Anj. Early morning, not because we woke up in time to see daybreak, but because we were still up after a hard day's night.

*******************

Yearbook pic time - and I'm having a bad hair day... urggggggh. :(

1 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Aaaah (sigh of devilish pleasure, nothing else :P) I have a convert!!! You have come over to the bad side, my girl!!!

:)

March 14, 2006 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home