Sunday, March 05, 2006

An eye for a tooth

Some barter deals that I'd gladly make:

1) 12 hours a day of firewalled broadband for 12 hours a day of Cable TV
Yes, I've had half-enough two years of pointless surfing, random checking of mail, pseudo-attempts at thesis work, mindless chatting with people who live 5 metres away, banned downloads, Googling, Wikipediaing, Orkutting and playing online Sudoku. I was kinda feeling nostalgic about the good old days of unlimited TV access. Largely dependent on the mercy of unfriendly neighborhood cable operator, who'd cut off cable supply if he had a cold, or if BJP was in power, or if it drizzled, or if the guy in the apartment below refused to pay the bill. Was reminded about the goodness of pure TV thanks to this blog. And a sudden urge to be back home and on the couch.

2) Any CD from my collection for someone to finish my thesis. Okay, any three CDs... and dinner at Bombay Blues.

3) A bottle of Whiskey (not mine, but I can still barter it) for Vodka and orange juice.

4) MICA degree for an Engineering degree

How I wish I'd thought about being a techie... sigh.

5) A sachet of Sweet Corn Soup for Cup Noodles.

6) My two month post-MICA vacation for a two-week vacation abroad (Australia maybe).

7) Anything from my room for the Complete DVD Collection of Friends and Sex & the City.

8) A Peach Milk Facial - my style - for the song "Ek nazar mein" from Taxi No. 9 2 11.



All deals will be honored subject to market risks.

5 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Points 5, 7, 8.. chatter from room that's 5 metres away is very very verrrrry interested!!!

March 05, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

when u clinch deal no.3, kindly let me know. will join u...

March 06, 2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

A.. you bring the booty... & you'll get your reward.

divya shee... you flicked the sweet corn soup... pay back with Cup Noodles right away.

March 08, 2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger the One said...

Number four. Deal.

March 10, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

the one: ooh, someOne's not going to want to exchange degrees, once they discover what its all about.

March 14, 2006 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home