Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ego Blog

... for the lack of anything better to feed my blogsy, I blog about... (ta-daa)

How life at MICA has changed me...
18 months since the MICA call

1) From a morning-person, I've become an absolute night owl. My senses of smell and sight, hand-eye co-ordination, alertness and imagination begin to take full effect post midnight, peaking at 4 am. It hit me today, when I was yawning and feeling woozy all evening. I've yawned through 65% of classes in the last two years, which were unfairly in the daytime. Then I write this blog at 6 am, feeling perfectly awake. (6 am at night, not early morning.)

2) My tolerance to mess (my room), small spaces (my room again), loud music (neighboring rooms... not, not you DJ), common loos and bad food has increased.

3) My tolerance for pfaff, stupidity, loud people and slackers has dangerously decreased.

4) I don't need a phone now, so long as I have the Internet. I don't know whether I can work without a phone, but I can live without one.

5) I've started blogging about insignificant details of my life. It's fun to play to an audience... feeding the voyeur in others, hoping to fulfil my own voyeuristic desires.

6) I'm lost without bullet points. And a touchpad... how do people use that contraption named after a common house rodent?

7) I thought Masters would be my last degree... now I might just want more.

8) I've regretted not being an engineer - something I never felt during the pursuit of that crappy Genetics Bachelors degree.

9) I'm not scandalized by anything, anymore.

10) I've learnt that the best way to come to terms with stress and trouble is to not have anyone dealing with it for you.

11) Now I know how to par-tay! And romance Mr. Bacchus. And con Mrs. Hangover.

12) I weigh 5 kilos more. Argh! (I swear they'll be gone in the next two months.)

13) I'm not grossed out by a lot of things - spiders, centipedes, lizards, frogs, dogs, monkeys, weird bugs, butt-wiggling dancers and watching all of the above humping.

14) I eat out more often. A lot more often

15) I read less than one book a month - a sacrilege, two years ago.

16) I brought 12 pairs of shoes to MICA. Different ones for going to classes, going out in the daytime, going out in the evening, going out in the evening (spare), loo-use, room-use, to wear with skirts, sneakers, party shoes, formal shoes, rain-wear and arbit pair. Now I have only 3 pairs. Loo-use, formal shoes and an ALL-purpose pair of floaters. The floaters don't exactly "go" with a lot of outfits... but strangely, I've ceased to care.

17) I'm going to pursue a career that I never imagined I would. (Which kid says "I want to be a media planner when I grow up"?)

18) I've seen that it is still possible to make friends-for-life. Even at 22.

There... that was fun to blog about. And it took just 30 minutes, with a Su-doku break.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Don't ever not being an engineer. 98 % of them do not work in what they major! And the balance 2 % wish they do what the other 98 % do.
I am not one but I know pretty well for how they feel.

March 16, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

oops! I should've said, "Don't ever feel for not being an engineer" My fingers are too slow for my thoughts! hmm...Sorry abt the typo.

March 16, 2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger A said...

I've realised I'm quite at a loss without bullet points too.. was thinking how nice it would be if rambly-talkers spoke in bullet points.. :D:D

One book a month?? I'm real far from managing even that much now.. :( I actually felt a lil sad at Crossword today..

Point 18) Presumptuous of me, but still :)

March 17, 2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

jinguchakka: Yes, that's precisely why I was put off in the first place. But it's not so much the work they do... it's more the aura. :)
Not all... just some of 'em.

Hmm... maybe it's not worth the extra effort.

March 17, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

Anj: Ya, maybe once the movie marathon gets to us, we can start with the books. Or maybe it's wishful thinking.

Hugs for Point 18, mah baybeh.

March 17, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

A: U want bullet points, u got bullet points:

- No more chocolate for u
- Your white sauce shall be sweet (sic)
- Your cheese shall be smelly
- Country roads on repeat mode
- John Denver also on repeat mode
- Shall find the songs soon
- Hmph

Dee: You might want to add that you are not grossed out by the spiders, centipedes etc pooping, peeing or farting on A... (also by the creatures watching A poop, pee and fart)

March 17, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger A said...

Oh my god!!! [crouching, covering face that is red with embarassment]That is not meee!!!

March 18, 2006 2:37 AM  
Blogger Praveen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 21, 2006 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home