Monday, November 14, 2005

Ah

A perfect night for blogging - I'm jobless & alone.

Feels nice in a way. My room - soft lighting - favourite sweater - warm blanket. Soon I'll fall asleep, watching South Park or some movie. Really needed this.

A bullet-point update of my life in the past couple of weeks.

  • Started power-walking (thanks to Div). My actual plans to work out & shed the flabbies are only lined up for April 2006. But hopefully power-walking should ensure that I don't get bigger than size 'M' during winter (argh - that sinful season).
  • Partied - the first ever all-femme party at MICA. Was damn fun without the boys... raunchy, yet girlie. We did up Champa with table lamps from all our rooms. The hostel looked very chic.
  • Applied for a job to my dream company. If I get placed there, it'd be like Rachel Greene working at Ralph Lauren.
  • Submitted my thesis proposal & successfully defended it :-) Working on "Behavioral Targeting in Online Media"
  • Chalked out 3 career paths I might want to follow after MICA.
  • Discovered Chota makes yummy French Toast. (This is to negate bullet point #1)
  • Placed 36th in XLRI's online quiz - Xhume. Found the Qs kinda arbit.
  • Watched Garam Masala... friends said it was *VERY bad*. I thought it was only *bad*. Maybe I have less sophisticated tastes.

High points in life:

  • My thesis topic is damn exciting... am in love with online media. Maybe because it's been so much a part of everyday life for the last 5 years. More so, since I came to MICA.
  • A Prof. said that our project on Lingerie Retail in India is worthy of being published... damn kicked (yay us, Devika & Anj). Had a lot of (cheap) thrills doing this project. It was basically an observational study.
  • Another company project got us a small cash prize (yay us again Devika, Anj & Dev)
  • And to make me sound less geeky & academic - mm... er.. argh! Can't think of anything!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chandoo said...

hey... good to know that you are interested online media. hope to see more discussions on your thesis here...

November 15, 2005 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home