Thursday, June 02, 2005

Oh...

The title of my previous post was not quite intended for newspapers. It was actually for those conniving sheets of glass that they call mirrors.

There are three kinds of mirrors in the world -

1) Ones that make you look good
2) Others make you look exactly the way you are
3) The ones that make you looks hideously large

Now, all apparel stores & restaurants have type 1 mirrors. They take wrong 5 kilos off the right places and make any outfit look flattering. You will naturally be deceived into buying a bad outfit or eating that chocolate brownie.

The mirror I have at home is the normal kind. You see yourself, just the way you are. And you blame the chocolate brownie that followed the shopping trip for those extra curves. Or bulges. & Change clothes twice before wearing something that just about manages to flatter... and flatten.

The third kind of the mirror is the one in my hostel. I call it the "fat mirror"... or the devil's gift. It makes anything I wear look positively scary. And I wonder how I could have been vain enough to buy that outfit - which looked perfectly good at the store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home